Thursday, February 02, 2006


Well its been three whole days of running outside and in a row and I have to say it is going much better than I expected! The pants are getting looser by the day! Yay! I actually forgot how much I like running in the morning, especially when it is dark. And in the winter, especially when there is no snow! I am ecstatic I decided to make this my running focus for February and we started out the month with no snow. It just makes it a whole lot easier to build up for the long weekend runs.

I also mentioned before that I LOVE having a training schedule I can actually follow! None of this trying to train for a half marathon in the next 2 weeks when my long run is about 7 miles. And that about killed me. And left me worn out for the rest of the week. I need to take this slower. This schedule has me running almost every day, but short distances to build up--2 miles one day; 30 min. another; 1.5 miles and walk 15 min. another. I can do that! Who can't? But the shorter distances also keep me injury free to get started. Nothing hurts that can't be worked out with a good stretch. And it also allows me to swim, do weights, or other gym workouts as well.

So I am psyched at the possibility of making a new start this year and trying to bury the past mistakes, injuries, and disappointments in my performance. I am looking ahead excitedly instead of anxiously to the running/tri season. I can actually see myself completing some races this year instead of avoiding them. I might actually make it to the A- group of bikers this year instead of back with the C group. :) (All good people of course.) But I also don't want to get sucked into someone else's training plan. I need to find people who are either starting out or over, like me. Right now, its good to have all the blogs to read to keep me motivated.

No comments: