Friday, February 03, 2006

Another quote of the day. Couldn't resist: "Obstacles are those frightening things that become visible when we take our eyes off our goals."- Henry Ford

Okay, I have to get psyched up for my "long" run tomorrow--6 miles. Outside. Most likely in the snow. Our spring-like or more appropriately fall-like weather will most likely end tonight. Snow for the next 4 days is a probability. I hope it goes better than the last outdoor run in snow 2 weeks ago. That day, I cut my run short. But I have become stronger since that day. I think I am ready to face it now.

I figured out my route yesterday so that I could start from the Y and end there, as I am working all weekend in anticipation of the upcoming vacation and the need to take part of Monday off. I will need to run early enough to get to work by 10:30 at the latest. I am usually a little crabby after a longer run until I can relax and get some food, so hopefully the day will not be too stressful. After that it will be the West Michigan Auto Show. I could live without going, but we have free tickets so can't turn those down. I will most likely bring my two grandsons and keep them overnight, so I don't expect a restful day or night. Then back up on Sunday to get some sort of workout done again and back to work. Then there is Superbowl. I have decided to NOT attend the annual Superbowl party with the hopes I can just hear about the outcome the next day and get a good night's sleep. I don't want to be in the deficit for sleep like 2 weeks ago.

So those are my obstacles. I have faced them and I'm ready for the challenge.

No comments: