Thursday, February 23, 2006


Back from Phoenix area and this is what I miss the most right now. I loved the cactus. And the mountains. And the blue skies. And the warm weather. And the desert. Not much I didn't like, except the traffic maybe.

Right now I am looking out the window in Grand Rapids at heavy snow falling. What a reality check!

Of all the recent places I have been, I would like to go back to Arizona and see more of the area. With the race falling right in the middle of the week I was there, it detracts away from sightseeing. It probably wouldn't have bothered me much, but it wasn't me who was doing the marathon.

It was fun visiting with relatives and Ellie. And Ellie did such a great job on the half marathon! I am proud of her--and her new black running shoes. If I could be that fast, I would be thrilled.

Its funny though. Don did the marathon in 4:09. Ellie the half in 2:09. And me in the 10k in 1:09. Don's time and my time reflect the difficulty of the course. Ellie crashed through the course with all her recent biking.

Race report later.

1 comment:

Born To Endure said...

Nice pic!! Maybe you can convince Don to move there..ha, ha...year round training in warm weather..nice!!!