Saturday, February 04, 2006

LONE RUNNER

Yes, I got the run done. By myself, on my own terms.

So now I know why I changed my Lost Dutchman half marathon race to the 10k. Because 13.1 miles would hurt twice as much as the 6.25 mile run I did today. Right now I have so many things that hurt, I have yet to realize the fact that I met my goal of the day and actually surpassed it by one lap. Maybe it was doing 25 laps on an outdoor track that makes my hip/glute and right heel hurt so much. I don't know what to think. I was already falling apart by the last mile, running and walking often. But I did do what I planned and what was on my training schedule. I just hope I can do the same and then some next week without this heel thing. It is so much easier to do this on the treadmill--with the TV--in shorts--in my own home. But I need to get tough. I just don't need to get injured. I'm really too tired right now to write much. Maybe my perspective will be different tomorrow.

Quote of the day: Just do it. Nike ad. I did it.

No comments: