Thursday, January 19, 2006

Still trying to figure this blog thing out. I don't mind just posting thoughts, but I would like to add pictures and interact with others. Help!

Is anyone as irked as I am about the gas prices going up and down and mostly up? Why are they 20+ cents higher today than yesterday? Fortunately I got gas the other day. But it is eating up most of my disposable income and it is getting me steamed! I don't even drive that much! I realize public transportation might be the ideal way to travel to some, but hey, in the Motor City state, you won't find too much cooperation with that. Why is it too when we have untapped natural resources that some environmental group gets their way and any potential oil drilling and/or exploration gets shot down over and over? Don't the rest of us have rights too?? I mean, hey, what are we saving it for? I don't even want to get started on conserving, etc. I'm sorry, but I don't want to live like we did in the 70s anymore either.

Today is just one of those days when I am grouchy about everything and anything. Its my own fault, so I'm not complaining. There are just certain things I cannot do for my own good, and if I keep doing them I will continue to feel this way.

So the workout is still to come today. It will happen. That much I am sure of. I just couldn't bring myself to go to the gym this morning again, and I know I will pay for it going after work. It is such a zoo and that likely will keep me in my grouchy mood too.

I checked the training schedule for the 5/3 Riverbank Run 25k on May 13. I am ahead for the beginner schedule but behind for the experienced. I may be experienced at this race, but not having run 25k in more than 3 years, I know I need to take this all one step at a time (like getting done with the Apache Junction half first and hopefully the New Jersey half in April!) By then it will be biking season (or close) and I really want to ramp up my biking this year and hopefully do a half IM. Need to find a small one. Have to get used to swimming in crowds, which I HATE. Its not the swimming I hate, its the crowds. I am just someone who needs my own space, and there is no such thing as personal space in a triathlon swim.

No comments: