Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Running in the Dark.

Something I haven't done in almost two years. Why? Because not only did I fall too many times, but I got lazy. Didn't want to be cold. Didn't want to get all dressed for 2 or 3 miles. Didn't want to.

After posting yesterday that February was going to be all about running, I decided to actually start a day early. And then I astounded myself more by actually wanting to run outside this morning. It was a good morning. No snow. No wet or icy spots. No wind. All right, 30 min. at least.

I still went to the Y just to be able to get closer to work before all the crazies got on the road, and didn't even go in, just started running. It felt pretty good. I actually went a full 15 min. before I walked a bit, then started out again. I had a moment of fatigue or something after 20 min., but walked about a half a block and then finished up the full 30 min. I have a long way to go, but every time I run, it gets easier. I may actually be up to running with someone soon. I told myself I would not even attempt to try to find a running partner until I could run a full mile outside without stopping.

If the weather holds up like this tomorrow, I will do the same again and then do some weights after. I wish I had had my suit for the pool today actually.

2 comments:

Deabora said...

Keep running!!

Great idea of a monthly focus. I need to run. And run and run. I dont run nearly enough

Vickie said...

I'm the same way, so I decided to get my butt in gear at the first of the year. And I feel so good today. I hope it continues. It is hard running alone all the time, no motivators, only mental toughness mainly.