Monday, April 03, 2006



Spring Break.

Typical weather here--rain/snow mix, more snow than rain now, after almost 24 hours of downpour. Tomorrow is predicted to be more of the same.

I do believe spring break weather is what actually broke me weatherwise years ago and I turned to the treadmill during that particular week every year. The kids were out of school and it was easier to run on the treadmill rather than outside. I had reached a point of no-return with running outside. I expected weather to be remotely warm by April, but it has never failed to snow during this particular week.

This is the second year in a row of staying home this week (actually meaning working and not traveling), so you would think I would learn to get out of town with the rest of the snow birds.

I did spend the weekend in Chicago, and since most of it was spent indoors, the weather wasn't much of an issue. But today it is. I don't want to be looking at snow in April. It is April showers that bring May flowers, right? Alas, I am afraid it seems that April showers only lead to snow and more cold. They do predict 60 by Thursday. Somehow, I don't think that far ahead or believe it will happen until I actually see it.

No comments: