Saturday, March 11, 2006


Relaxation. For me, relaxation comes in the form of not doing any training, blogging, surfing the net or even watching TV. On a plane, in a car, on vacation. It comes from doing crosswords. Not easy ones either, mind you. They have to be semi-hard at least or I get bored. Too hard, and it seems like a waste of time. I can do them in pen in 20 min. or so usually. This goes back to the days when my grandmother and I used to do them together, so maybe it is a comfort thing too?

It has actually become one way during the work day to take my mind off things for those 20 min. We get two papers at work, both with crossword puzzles and other puzzles as well. There are about 4 of us who scramble every day (or as often as possible) to get the first start on the puzzles. The other 3 hate it when I get there first because they know they don't have a chance. I hate it when 2 of them get there first because they mess everything up. They put in wrong words without checking the down or across to see if it fits. Or they spell something wrong, so basically you have to check every answer they put. The third person has the nerve to change correct words with wrong words of her choice, even though they obviously don't fit down or across! And she even sometimes ADDS letters within squares to make a word! She needs to just give it up.

I guess what amazes me the most is that these seeminly intelligent people: (1) can't spell; (2) have a limited vocabulary; (3) are idiots!

1 comment:

Fe-lady said...

Man I would start bringing my own paper and NOT share! :-)
Glad you are feeling better and hope you got caught up at work !