Tuesday, March 07, 2006


Mack truck. Yes, I think that's what hit me last night going home from work. I left work at my usual time, around 5:30. Riding home I started getting a little achy. By the time I got home (20 min. later), I was more achy but figured I just needed to use some ice. Did that and was so cold after 10 min. I had to quit. Still achy, but decided to just get into some warm clothes and start dinner. I was REALLY cold and turned the oven on with the pretense of "preheating" when actually I just wanted to stand there and warm up. While dinner was cooking, I dutifully made my lunch, packed my bag for the next day, cleaned up around the house a little. But I wasn't feeling good. In fact, as the minutes went by, I was feeling worse and worse. Every bone and muscle was aching, and I was so COLD! I finally got on my pjs and put on a fleece sweatshirt over that AND my robe. Still cold. By the time dinner was done, not only was I so achy I didn't want to eat, my eyes ached, and I was just this mess of aching and coldness. I actually ate dinner in the dark because my eyes hurt. I only ate a little and decided to go to bed, not even washing dishes, a must for me to get done every night. And I actually turned the heat up for once, something almost forbidden in this winter of high gas prices.

So I ended up wearing all the stuff I mentioned, turned on my heating pad, and got under a quilt, a down comforter and still felt I needed another blanket. Took some Aleve and was sleeping by 8:30 and didn't get up until 6:15 this am. No morning workout today.

Now I am hoping this isn't a sign of overtraining, because I can hardly say that two hour plus workouts in a row should bring on this type of debilitation, so I suspect it is some bug I picked up at my sister's this weekend. There are always an abundance of germs in her household, as someone is always sick.

I didn't feel too much better this morning, but the aching is gone at least. And I do have this annoying dry cough and wheezing in my chest, so I suspect this is all part of it. Just when is spring going to really be here?? Spring to many comes in March or at least early April. We are lucky if we really feel it until May. Just some warmth would be great! They did say temps were going to get in the 50s this weekend. Yay!

4 comments:

Born To Endure said...

I hope you get better, both my kids have been very sick and I am washing my hands and trying to stay as healthy as possible..hasn't hit me yet, knock on wood!!!

Fe-lady said...

Damn...I hate it when this happens! Hope you are feeling better. Your good nite's sleep should help...how about taking some time off from work as well?

Vickie said...

Nah, no time off work. I'd rather save my days for when I am well. :) Actually I am feeling better other than the throat/cough thing. Maybe that's what a day of sunshine does for you.

Ellie Hamilton said...

I thought you'd gotten the flu, until you woke up feeling a little better. That's not true flu... so what you've got is a mystery. But I agree it's probably not just overtraining, although that can take weird forms... I get achey like that, have a headache and even a sore throat when I've overtrained. So you never know. Take it easy...