Monday, January 29, 2007

I'VE BEEN TAGGED.

Sort of. Not directly. But I do like this particular tag and thought I would pass it on. I got it from Nancy and liked it enough to "steal" it.

1. Describe a memory from your first triathlon ever.
2. Describe a memory from your most recent triathlon.
3. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you in a tri?
4. What is the most thrilling thing that has happened to you in a tri?
5. What is something you discovered about yourself by doing triathlons?
6. What is The Big Goal that you are working towards?

1. I really have two memories of first tris--one inside and one outside. On the inside tri, it was that I missed part of the bike portion of the race (see, my bike problems go way back) because I was trying to get a shirt on and it got stuck on my wet body and everyone else had gone to the bikes. There I struggled, and finally ran to my bike, 2 minutes into the 15 minute segment, with my shirt stuck over my shoulder. Got a video to prove it! (This could also fit under No. 3) On the outside tri, it was the sheer panic in the open water swim.

2. My most recent tri was my indoor tri on Saturday, Jan. 27. I did okay and took third in the AG, despite my recent injuries.

3. The most embarrassing thing was being last and being "yelled" at for making the volunteers wait "so long." I was angry more than embarrassed. After all, I figured I had paid my money the same as everyone else. But I really was very slow and almost everyone had already left. Now if someone had come out and offered me a ride....

4. The most thrilling thing would have been placing in my AG in our local tri that has some VERY tough competition. (Never mind the fact that no one showed up that day in my AG!)

5. What I've discovered about myself doing tris is that it takes a lot more than I would have thought to maintain or get better. But I've also learned to pace myself and finish the race, regardless of how slow. And I've also discovered I really like the short distances better.

6. My Big Goal is to do at least one IM. I'm not going to make a hobby out of it, but I really would like to experience at least one. Then I'll go back to doing sprints.

So, if you want to play along, consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

Fe-lady said...

I was just going to tag you!!!!
(So yes you were "officially" tagged!)