Thursday, July 06, 2006


REVENGE OF THE FLIES!

Ick. Ever since getting back from our trip, the house has been overrun by flies. Big, black, gross flies. I can't get rid of them! I didn't know where they all came from until I discovered a window open in the basement. Hundreds, and I am not exaggerating.

The weather cooled off some yesterday, so when I got home last night I could see a swarm of flies on the window. I thought they were outside, but no. They were all inside! They congregate at the windows, hover at the ceiling, and constantly head for any light or outdoor source. I killed at least 2 dozen within a couple of hours, spent another 30 minutes or so attacking the ones in the basement, and still there were at least a dozen upstairs again this morning, on the windows, in the kitchen, all over the bathroom.

With no bug spray, I had to use my own devices--rolled up newspaper always works well. And hairspray slows them down. So I chased them around with an old hairspray can I didn't like and was able to get quite a few. But dang if there still weren't some hovering on the ceiling when I left for work again! I will win this battle.

No comments: