Monday, August 28, 2006



This is an e-mail I got today from Lecia, a tri/running buddy/IM photographer.

The Komen Race for the Cure 5K is September 30th. This will be my sixth year doing the event as a survivor. Every year our group of participants grows larger so this year we decided to form an official team. Please consider joining us to race the 5K, walk the 5K, walk the 1 mile community walk or cheer from the sidelines. Having Breast Cancer changed my life. I started walking because Chemo gave me osteoporosis and that turned into running and now I"m in the best shape of my life hanging out with the greatest group of runners and triathletes.


Now how can you turn down a request like that?? Funny (odd) the roads your life takes you down. Not always the path you expect to go down, but sometimes the detours changes your whole life.

No comments: