Saturday, August 26, 2006

GOOD RUNNING DAY. Two amazing things (for me anyway) happened today: (1) I ran two days in a row, hills no less, and (2) I ran the whole time without stopping. One hour, three minutes. And this too on a hilly course. I can't remember the last time I did this route and without stopping it goes farther back. I know that last week's tri, regardless of how hard it was, put me over the edge on my endurance, so there is really no reason to stop if nothing hurts. Its a mental thing too--I know I can keep going for hours, so a one hour run shouldn't throw me. I got too much into the habit of walking after every mile in training--not that I won't ever walk or think walking isn't valuable in training, its just that for a one hour run, I shouldn't need to walk that much if at all.

Sometimes I'm afraid to think past tomorrow with these workouts because of things that have happened in the past. But I keep pushing those negative thoughts away, and signing up for two races in the near future is one way to keep me motivated and moving forward.

Hopefully everyone running Crim today had a good race.

No comments: