Thursday, August 31, 2006

RETURN TO THE DARK SIDE.

That's what it has been this week and even last week already. Dark and cold in the mornings. Good running weather. But that also means that summer days--beach days, sweltering runs, warm open water swims, sandals, shorts, sunrises at 5 am and sunsets at 10 pm--are winding down. For the first time in over 20 years, (most) West Michigan public schools and colleges will start after Labor Day instead of before. So there's one last push for the weekend here before its time to get down to business again. And what do we get? Cooler than normal temps and possibly rain. Okay, enough dwelling on the negative. I do have to get some quality rides in, but I suspect I will be able to work those out.

On the positive? Good running weather. Yes, I said that before. I'm anxious to get this party started and get into more running. I'm ready. I'm willing. And for once, I am able. Yes, I'll miss the beach swims and bike rides in the morning. Nothing compares with those. But with any good luck and a mouse click, I'll be doing more of those next year than I ever wanted to or dreamed I'd be able to do.

I have plans. Plans for next year and maybe beyond. As Donald Trump says, if you have to think of anything, THINK BIG.

No comments: