Tuesday, September 11, 2007



A SOLEMN REMINDER.




Today, like that day six years ago, I started my day with a morning run. That day, I arrived at work 10 minutes late as was customary for me, so by the time I was settled at my desk with coffee, the word was spreading about "a plane that had crashed into some building in New York." It wasn't until the second plane hit that we became aware of what was happening, and realized how vulnerable we are to those who want to take away our freedoms.


Today, I planned my run to go through the Ford Presidential Museum grounds, where a Boy Scout troup was spending the entire day--from sun up to sun down--rotating Scouts saluting the flag, as a tribute to the memory of those lost in the attacks.


Perhaps you lost a loved one, friend, or co-worker that day. The best tribute you can pay to these people is to make sure you elect only those who promise to uphold our Constitution and vow to protect our country, your freedom, and your rights.

3 comments:

jahowie said...

What a great tribute!! We can never forget to honor those fallen on this day.

SWTrigal said...

I know, I feel it too..

Unknown said...

Nice post.

And Happy belated Birthday, not sure how I missed that earlier in the week.