Saturday, September 15, 2007

FROST ADVISORY.
Let's see, its only September 15 and already they are giving a frost warning?? As I sit here watching Michigan finally winning a game, a frost advisory scrolls across the bottom of the screen. Um, no, I don't think I'm ready for this! I still have at least one more tri to do this year! Although I did sign up for the du just in case.
Today was supposed to be a long run day, but I have had an excrutiating hip/back ache since last Saturday's tri, so I knew it was time for new shoes. I finally went and bought those today, looking forward to a run tomorrow morning. And now? Frost advisory, meaning below 32 degrees overnight. Brrrr! Dig out the tights!
I did manage a 25 mile bike ride today, after wasting away the morning sleeping in (7 am!), talking on the phone, and catching up on blogs. By the time I finally got out the door, it was probably 11:30, so by the time I actually got on the bike, it was after 12 o'clock. I did wear tights, a long sleeve shirt, a bike jersey, a vest, and gloves and was fairly comfortable, although the temperature even today was probably in the upper 40s or low 50s. The weather changes so fast here! There was an OLD guy at the bike trail, I would guess almost 80, and he was all decked out in this cool bike gear, had a cool bike, and I couldn't catch him. (No surprise there!)
I hope all you people who live in southern or southwestern climates are now appreciating your weather! You will not have to deal with FROST. SNOW. ICE. BELOW ZERO TEMPS!

4 comments:

Fe-lady said...

Wow...50 degrees DOES sound good right now...we are still in triple digits here. It was a HOT ride today! I think this is a fluke and won't last. You still have some "Indian summer" days coming!

Unknown said...

not looking forward to the sub-freezing mornings, but running in 40s/50s sounds heavenly to me. Swimming and biking in it, not so much...

Flo said...

Wow, you guys really don't have a very long summer do you? I guess I'll stop complaining about the heat, it could be worse - it could be cold.

Cindy Jo said...

I KNOW!! I woke up and it was 60 degrees in my house :(