Me in my wetsuit (1st pic). Cindy and me after the first race. (2nd pic) My bike and stuff after the first race (3rd pic).
It wasn't that bad! In fact, I really had a great time at both races. And the weather was subperb! I really don't think I have ever had such a great weekend of weather in I don't know how long.
Just a short synopsis first. More pics and race reports later.
Things I learned (or remembered) this weekend:
- That you really can accomplish two races in one weekend.
- That you can have fun doing both.
- That slow and steady sometimes means not blowing up and being able to finish two races back to back.
- That triathlon is a great way of life.
- That beer at a water stop is much better than Gatorade on a hot day--or any day!
- That having a good bike split can be ruined by taking 5 minutes (or more) in transition.
- That wearing clear goggles and swimming into the sun is a sure way to go blind on the swim.
- That getting in and staying in the aerobars isn't as hard as it seems.
- That a flat bike course is so so nice.
- That a shaded and mostly flat run course is the best.
- That assuming you are the last person out there in your age group is a sure way to get beaten at the finish line by the other person in your age group still out there.