Wednesday, May 02, 2007


BACK ON TRACK.
After a couple of days of feeling sorry for myself, I powered up the engine again by going to a spinning class, at the last minute, Monday night. I like this spin instructor better than the rest; I just don't always want to do a class after work. She always has us work on cadence, and its a good thing for me because I can see where I have serious deficiencies here.
I think I took on way too much last week, leading to the extreme mental and physical fatigue that plagued me over the weekend. So I decided to scale back some this week, keeping my running less than last week, in the hope of getting that last long run in this weekend. Yesterday I did do a 36 minute run in the morning before work and felt pretty good all day. Just an even paced run. I tried something new before my run, which I will elaborate more on later if I think it is worthwhile to continue, and did the same thing today, adding a few weights, and then did my sprint run. I was starting to feel the quad fatigue about halfway through the run today, but the sprint 8 routine is intended to be short but intense, so I was glad to be done after just a short 22 minutes.
I have been extremely busy at work, to the point where I'm not keeping up on blogs, so I'm sorry if I seem to be neglecting all of you! By next week, my schedule will return to a more mundane routine, and will probably get even less busy as the months go on. While it is sometimes hard to go day after day at a high pace, it makes the days go by faster and makes me feel more of a sense of accomplishment by day's end.
I also have a lot of family issues with my dad's estate work that probably won't resolve themselves anytime soon, but with a lighter work load I might actually be able to work on some of those issues and get them out of the way sooner.

4 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Glad you're feeling better! It's the Busy Season here, too. :-(

Flo said...

I was wondering what happened you. Glad to hear things are looking up. Take it easy on yourself, things will get back to normal- they always do :)

IronWaddler said...

Hope things slow down for you! Everyone falls off the track sometimes-more importantly is that you get back on.

E-Speed said...

glad you're back on the "boat"! Thanks for the well wishes on pig!