Friday, May 08, 2009

THE BEST TIME OF THE DAY

A new woman has started coming to the gym. I don't know her name but have seen her around the last week or two. I always seem to be just going into the pool as she is just finishing up whatever it is she does, so I haven't talked to her much.


Morning workout people are scarce at my gym, especially women. I don't know why, since it means only requiring one shower a day, gives you the best parking spots, and avoids the crowds of lunch or after work.


Today I ran into her as she was leaving and I was just exiting the pool, so we chatted briefly (I still didn't get her name). The thing she said that stuck in my mind as being so true, for me anyway, is, "this is the best time of the day, isn't it?" (for working out) "You are done with your exercise and shower, and feel so good."


I had to agree with her 100%. Working out in the morning really is the best time of the day!


On the agenda for tomorrow: 2 hour 15 min. run; 1 hour swim. Then? Hopefully no rain and I can get in the garden and start with some cleanup. This is a down training week so no long bike this weekend. Works out great, considering Sunday is mother's day. While my mom is gone now, I have other mothers in my life with whom I will celebrate.


Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

A Plain Observer said...

I love working out in the morning, early before work. But I have also found out that I accomodate my workout (as we all do) to fit my schedule and manage to enjoy it as well. At the present, I run at lunch time, sometimes in the blazing sun and 3 years ago, I had not choice but to run at night...Nothing beats the AM work out though

Lily on the Road said...

I totally agree, especially in the spring, summer and fall. Mornings are the best!! Although, it is harder for me to get my ass out of bed in the winter ...

Good for you Vickie, I'm just so excited for you!! I am living vicariously through you right now!! Keep up the good work!

Marlene said...

If I ever manage to exercise in the morning, I do feel that way. Unfortunately, I don't seem to remember that great feeling when the alarm goes off at 5am! I just can't do it!

I Run for Fun said...

I feel the same running in the morning.

Happy mother's day!

Calyx Meredith said...

I'm definitely at my best working out early! Have a great weekend in your garden.

jeanne said...

me too, morning! but my gym is JAMMED in the morning. if you get there by 6 a.m., you're late! how do i find a nice empty gym in the morning?
lucky you!

Anne said...

Well, you know from one of my last posts that I'm all for early morning workouts. Glad you might have found a new friend at the gym.

IronWaddler said...

I love the morning! Have a great weekend.

Missy said...

I don't know if I'm best at working out in the morning but I DO love the accomplishment of having done something before most people are even awake.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Once you force yourself out of bed, mornings ROCK for any kind of workout. Clears the brain for the day ahead, also.