Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I'M LEAVING ON A JET PLANE...

See, Flo, I do the same thing with music.

In just a few hours, I'll be on the plane taking me to Tucson. Naturally, I didn't sleep for crap last night. After tossing and turning, getting up, watching some TV, listening to music, and finally getting back into a nice, deep sleep, it was time to get up.

Its always weird to think "by this time tomorrow." By this time tomorrow, I'll be in another time zone, another climate, another house, and maybe still in another bed. I haven't really allowed myself to go away in months, over than the one overnight a month ago, and then learning my dad had died while I was gone. So of course, I am once again apprehensive about leaving or being gone. Its one of those things where being that far away means I am out of control of certain situations, as if I had any control over someone dying anyway. Three years ago on spring break vacation with my kids, my grandson, my sister, and her kids, we got back to learn my son-in-law had killed himself. Obviously, nothing I could do once that had happened, but of course again, I will always wonder if I had been here, what if...

Okay, enough of that grim thinking. I am looking forward to some sunny climate, visiting Fe-Lady, visiting my relatives, and who knows what other adventures. The time will go by so fast, and I know I will wish for more.

I will try to read blogs and post to mine, but it may be sporadic. Just know I'll be thinking of all of you and thinking of things to tell you. In the meantime, have good workouts and good living .

3 comments:

IronWaddler said...

Have a great trip!!!

Flo said...

Hahahaha!!! Glad to see I'm not alone!! Have a great time, enjoy, and relax!!

Unknown said...

Best wishes for a fun trip - wonder how long you'll be gone...