I'VE BEEN TAGGED...
by Fe-Lady to list 6 things that make me happy. Most of these will include my kids:
1. Being able to help them out financially when needed. I have never been able to get over the guilt of putting them through a difficult childhood because of our financial troubles for so many years, both from internal and external reasons. They had what they really needed most of the time, but to be able to finally be in a position (for now at least) to help them when it really counts is one thing that makes me happy.
2. Being happy that despite some of the mistakes I made in their early years that for the most part they are succeeding as best they can and don't seem to hold any grudges against me for what I perceive to be my parental failures. I realize I am hard on myself about things that may seem trivial to others, but its that Catholic guilt upbringing I had that doesn't let me put things out of my mind until I feel they are resolved in a way I am satisfied with.
3. Being healthy enough to pursue whatever athletic goals I choose.
4. Living in this country and being able to freely travel wherever I choose.
5. Finally seeing gas prices go down!
6. Knowing all you bloggers.
I can't remember who may have played this before so if you feel like playing along, I'll pass it to you.