Saturday, November 10, 2007

A plan has been hatched. Nancy (and I must give Nancy credit actually for coming up with the idea and logo!) and I were saying we needed a race in the near future. There is none, you say? Let's make our own. We are putting together a virtual race for Dec 8th (let's just say anywhere between the 7th and 9th -- see how accomodating these race directors are?!). Run 8miles on the 8th with all of your closest blogger friends.
Let us know if you are in. We will keep track of everyone who runs and times, and also hope that you will even write race reports. I doubt there will be tshirts unless anyone has a brilliant idea. We might come up with some ideas for prizes. Suggestions welcome. Hope you can join us!

Its a great way to keep motivated and continue with exercise and weight management through the holiday months. If you already have a race that day, you can use that as a base, just make sure you do 8!

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

We could be having an ice storm or a blizzard on that day.. but hey, we can run on the track at the community club. In fact that is probably be what we would be doing anyway.

Unknown said...

I think I'm in. I also think I may have some other race that day, but as you said, I can use it as a base and add the miles.

Flo said...

I'm definitely in. I may not be up to running the entire 8 miles but I will cover 8 miles of ground that day. Woot!! Something to work towards.

SWTrigal said...

I would be in but I am doing a triathlon that day believe it or not. It is called "Polar Bear Triathlon" (no kidding)..
Does that count? It is a sprint..

zanne said...

i think i'm in! i don't have my next scheduled installment yet - i may have to run it by coach ... i'll get back to you - i think its such a fun idea. did you post it on runner's lounge? bet we could get a whole bunch more to join.

P.O.M. said...

I'm in. I left a note on Nancy's blog too.