Tuesday, November 06, 2007

ITS COMING!

I don't know about you, but I'm not ready for this yet. Heck, I'm never ready for this! Last night's weather was truly ugly, with high winds, heavy rain/sleet/hail mixed. I was congratulating myself for having gotten my run in during the before dawn hours, because I knew there was the likelihood of bad weather later in the day, one of the main reasons why I like to get it done early.

This morning, planning a gym workout because of the continued high winds and rain, I noticed they had actually salted the roads sometime before the early morning hours. Ugh. I think the good weather days are behind us for a LONG time! Yes, I think I will continue planning that tropical winter vacation.

8 comments:

**Jyll** said...

Thanks Vickie for the welcoming comment!! I am still very new to blogging, but I am looking forward to it!!

jeanne said...

i got out there! miraculously it STOPPED raining, just as i was about to set foot on the treadmill.

of course, i was already drenched from the walk to work.

i REALLY need some warm, dry duds.

I think blue-gray is dec. 10. Definitely come! i could use the company! we can cross the finish together!!!

jeanne said...

but you're in michigan!... i just noticed. are you serious about coming all the way here for this dinky little race?? I would LOVE it, but in a big race you def wouldn't be last. (why i avoid small races... ha.)

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Hey, what's all that pink stuff? ;-)

It's still a tad sweaty down here on the Gulf Coast. With my knees still all scabby from my fall a couple weeks ago, I wish it would at least get cold enough for tights!

Born To Endure said...

Quit sending your stuff our way...:-)

jahowie said...

Take me with you on that vacation will ya?!?! I hate winter!!

IronWaddler said...

I sent it across the lake to you. Welcome to winter.

Sunshine said...

"It's coming!" ... Oh what foreboding. Since we started running winter seems much less welcome. Now I only occasionally think snow is beautiful.

You are so wise to be cautious about security issues ... outdoors or in. Be safe.