Friday, March 21, 2008

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A MEDAL!

This is from last weekend's indoor tri. Jan says its bigger than her Boston Marathon medal!

Jan took 2nd, I took 3rd in the age group. So I'm happy enough with that. I suppose I should not "concede" (as taken from Fe-Lady's post that she did not concede) to Jan, and maybe I do, without realizing it until later. We were very close. I'm not sure I would have beaten her, but being close puts it within the realm of possibility, and always opens up that can of worms "what if"--what if I had biked a little harder; what if I had not fallen apart on the run; what if?

I figure I can bide my time until next year, when I will be in a different age group from her. But then again, I hope to not take the attitude that because we won't be competing against each other in the age group that I should concede to her then either. One day, I will catch her off guard.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your competitive spirt! It's those "what ifs" that keep pushing us.

That medal is awesome! Congrats on a great race, too!!!

Flo said...

Congrats on 3rd!!! That's awesome. You're thoughts are powerful, if you mentally concede you will physically too. You can beat her!!!

Sunshine said...

Fabulous winter (!) pictures.

Looks like this storm will bring you even more. ..Maybe over 100 inches??
We got 5 inches today .. but still doesn't get us up to our average of 50 inches. Our winter was more about very cold temps.

Congratulations on all your great indoor competing.

Born To Endure said...

Love the medal!!!!!

IronWaddler said...

That's some bling!!! Nice job and good work.

Unknown said...

Beautiful medal!!

Happy Easter!

jahowie said...

That's an awesome medal!! I'm very proud of you!!

Anne said...

That's some nice bling.