Saturday, August 11, 2007


UPCOMING TRIP TO NYC.


If I hadn't mentioned it before, my daughter, Renee, e-mailed me quite excitedly the other day to say she had tickets for a live taping of Wheel of Fortune at Radio City Music Hall in NYC and wanted me to go with her. Its Friday, September 28, so I thought I would also try to find a race in Central Park to do on Saturday morning. The only thing I could find, unfortunately, was the Fifth Avenue Mile. I'm sure it will be fun to watch, but I don't plan to try to compete in a miler race! The "old" people start at 11:35, just before the elite women. I don't want to be mowed down by them while I finish up my speedy, most likely 10 min. mile!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd probably be nevous about getting in front of that pack of elite women too!

zanne said...

there was a great article about this race that i read last year (it may have been in runner's world, but i'm not sure) ...anyway - it was written by a journalist who was a very casual runner - he got to "be" with the elite runners that morning - in their special tents, and lined up right at the front ... suffice it to say, he didn't keep up with them, but if i remember correctly, he ran it in a 6-something minute pace! I loved reading his thoughts during the race. i thought about doing a mile race in new hampshire a few weeks ago - it was a downhill mile, win beer for a year. sounded like fun, but also sounded like a recipe for injury! must focus on my 3:45 marathon task at hand!