Sunday, December 10, 2006

SOCK UPDATE.

Sunday, while "running" with Shelley (more on that later), I wore the same socks I wore Saturday and Thursday (and yes, they have been washed!), and again, no heel problem. No problem during or after. BUT, I change my clothes and change into another pair of socks, and my heel starts hurting again. Before you think, well, it was bound to happen, the socks had nothing to do with it, let me mention this. I took the socks off and went barefooted in my Merrell shoes, and guess what? The heel pain eased up almost immediately. And yes, it was my old pair of running socks.

Its odd, I know, but again, when I think back to when this started, at least 3 years ago, and always more in the late fall/winter, its always a time when I wear socks most of the time, running, working out, or otherwise. Probably the only time I don't wear socks is when showering or swimming. Until we get to the warmer weather again. I'm not sure what to make of this, but there it is. The old socks, too, were great for running in--other than the heel thing--they didn't bunch, shift, or any other problem. They were made all in one piece, meaning no seams either. Weird, that's all I can say.

I'll keep trying the new sock method and see what happens. I'm willing to try ANYTHING to keep this thing cleared up.

No comments: