Friday, December 22, 2006

MORE GOODIES THAN ONE PERSON CAN HANDLE!

Nothing like starting the day out with a melt-in-your-mouth piece of Belgian chocolate. Or maybe some Moose Munch. How about some Peppermint Bark? Those are just a few of the Christmas delights I found on my desk this morning. Everywhere I go in this office, there is food, food, and more food. Treats to be exact. Homemade, store bought, treats from clients. The other day, I kid you not, I got 10 e-mails in a row about client treats that were dropped off: cheesecakes; nuts; cookies; fruit. You name it, we've got it! With my oven being totally dead (I just found out), I am tempted to come by at night and load up and take home for my guests this weekend! Who would miss any of it??

But there is good news, according to a news report put out by NBC's Today Show last week. According to their "experts," the "average" person only gains 1 pound during the holidays. That's 3,500 calories. I have quite a distrust of the media, so have to wonder who exactly are their consultants that have come up with this 1 pound theory. Hey, if that's what people want to believe, I'm okay with that. And according to this report, there is really no need to watch what you eat if we're only talking about 1 pound. That's easy enough to work off. Oh sure, if you didn't eat for the next 3 days!

Personally, I'm not going to worry about it. I'm not going to go hog wild on the junk, but I certainly am not going to deny myself that delightful chocolate luring me into oblivion. I have lots of people coming around this weekend that will hopefully help me dispose of all the excess goodies.

So eat, drink, and be merry this weekend. Have a safe and happy holiday. Get your workouts in. Figure out your schedules for next year. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Flo said...

Thankfully our place is a little light on the goodies this year. I work in a food lab where, among other things, we do nutrition labels. Usually our customers feel obligated to send us large amounts of their stuff for the holidays. This year that doesn't seem to be happening, maybe everyone is too busy to send treats - yea!!!

Fe-lady said...

I stay away from the junk, but more than make up for it with a celebratory attitude that I can drnk more wine and have Bailey's Irish Creme- just "cause it's the holday season!"
But the teacher's lounge around the holdays (and most Fridays) is "off limits"-!
And no one brings in GOdiva Chocolate... I don't other chocolate now that I have had a taste of it.
Keeps you away from the cheap, but abundant stuff, anyway!