Wednesday, September 17, 2008


A BIG FAT ZERO!
Nothing much going on, nada, zero. Nothing much to say, nada, zero. Been busy at work, blah blah blah. Too much birthday partying last week. You all know the story. Trying to keep up with blogs here and there but neglecting my own.
I have been training: running, doing pushups, swimming, biking, etc. This weekend I do have this race coming up, which is a 10 mile race, and then next weekend, I have this race, which is a half marathon in Toronto with blogger Lily as well as a couple of her friends and my friend Jan, who as you remember is recovering from her bike accident. She still won't know until next Tuesday whether she will be needing surgery, but she figures with a 3 hour 40 minute cutoff for the half that she can walk the whole thing. Either way, she says she's still going, whether she can walk/jog or not.
I'll be updating on how the 10 mile run goes. I can't say my long runs have felt that good, so there's no way to know how this will turn out. I almost can't believe it might be easier to do a 25 mile or longer bike ride first! Its been since June that I've done stand alone long runs, meaning without a bike ride first. I might just have to ride before the race to get the legs primed!

5 comments:

Flo said...

Been wondering what you were up too. I can relate to being busy!!! Ugh!! Good luck on your race this weekend.

chia said...

hope you have a great time at the bridge run! i'll try to get down there and cheer you on! or if you want a warm up buddy i might be up for a 25 mile bike before you line up at the start ;-).

i'm really hoping we get to do that indy-race too! let's pray portland isn't too taxing on the bod!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

I'll see you in Toronto! You'll do great! Isn't it nice to have a day off every now and then?:)

Unknown said...

For me it's never better to do a bike ride before a run. Never.

You have a lot coming up. Have fun!!

Christie said...

I can't imagine bike riding before running. I need all my energy. And it's been years since I've been on a bike. So bike riding in general is probably a bad idea. I may fall off.